- Feature Links
Rancho California Water District strives for transparency and accountability. RCWD is committed to providing our customers and stakeholders publicly accessible, factual information that assists our stakeholders and members of the public in understanding how the District operates.
- Part I - Administration of the District (PDF)
- Part II - Fiscal Policies (PDF)
- Part III - Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance of the District
- Calendar Year 2018 RCWD Compensation on the California State Controller's Website
- Calendar Year 2017 RCWD Compensation on the California State Controllers Website
- Calendar Year 2016 RCWD Compensation on the California State Controllers Website
- Calendar Year 2015 RCWD Compensation on the California State Controllers Website
- Calendar Year 2014 RCWD Compensation on the California State Controllers Website
- Current Executive Management Salary Schedules (PDF)
- Current At-Will Executive Management Salary Schedules (PDF)
- Current RCWD MPCEA Exempt Salary Range Schedule (PDF)
- General Manager's Contract (PDF)
- Assistant General Manager - Engineering and Operations Contract (PDF)
- Director of Administration Contract (PDF)
- Assistant General Manager - CFO/Treasurer Contract (PDF)
- Director of Human Resources Contract (PDF)
Board of Directors
The Board is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards and adheres to the Rancho California Water District Code of Conduct for Board Members.
The Board of Directors reviews and takes formal action to set Board compensation annually, in accordance with State of California law. On April 1, 2014, the RCWD Board of Directors voted to change their compensation rate, as established by Ordinance Number 2014-4-1 (PDF), which is set at $200 per meeting.
There are three recognized employee bargaining groups, the Rancho California Water District Employees' Association (RCWDEA), the Rancho California Water District Managers, Professional, and Confidential Employees' Association (MPCEA), and an unrepresented group. Under state law, the District is required to meet and confer each year with the bargaining units. The RCWDEA and MPCEA has entered into a three year memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the District. All full-time employees are covered by the State of California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019, the District's contribution to PERS for full-time employees was approximately $1,196,421 net of employee contributions of $1,259,367.
The District has adopted and follows a conflict of interest policy (PDF) and fully complies with the specific requirements of the Political Reform Act (financial interests and decision-making), Government Code Section 1090 (contracts), the Ralph M. Brown Act (open meetings), and AB 1234 (compensation, expense reimbursement and ethics training). These policy and statutory requirements ensure transparency and ethical behavior by water district officials. On March 9, 2006, the Board of Directors adopted the Ethics Training Policy (PDF) Section 315, which implements the Ethics Training portion of AB1234.
Public Records Requests
View the Rancho California Water District Public Records Policy (PDF). A member of the public who wishes to inspect copies of a particular public record must submit a written request, identifying the public records to be inspected. Requests may be made using the Public Records Request Form.
Senate Bill 272
Approved on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems (PDF) by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
Enterprise System Definition
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
Who to Make Requests To
Legal records (subject to attorney-client privilege and any other applicable provisions of law) and legal public records should be requested directly from the District's Legal Counsel:
Best, Best and Krieger
655 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101