Let's All "BEE" Savvy About Water Conservation!
Contest open to grades TK-5 only.
Each year, Rancho California Water District (RCWD) sponsors a poster contest for students in grades TK-5. This year's theme, "Let's All "BEE" SAVVY about Water Conservation," provides budding artists the chance to illustrate the importance of water conservation.
Please click the following link to learn more about honey bees and water-wise gardens:
The winning students, as well as their teachers, are honored at an awards ceremonies hosted by RCWD. Of the winning posters, the top five are submitted to The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in Los Angeles for consideration for a possible spot on the WATER IS LIFE calendar.
Order Poster Paper By Clicking Here
order by: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Poster paper will be delivered by RCWD to your school front office the week of September 24-28, 2018.
- Students must use official poster paper.
- All artwork must be original artwork. NO computer, trademark or copyrighted artwork will be accepted.
- Posters duplicating the artwork of past winners will be disqualified.
- Submitting more than one entry per class will disqualify all entries from that teacher.
- At least one winner will be selected per school district.
- Encourage students to focus on water conservation. For example, use water-wise landscape (bees love it!); or, when brushing their teeth, students should turn the water off, instead of leaving it on. Please review the more than 100 tips listed at usewaterwisely.org.
- Posters must be drawn horizontally within the border of the official poster paper.
- For design purposes, any writing or artwork in the 1” border area disqualifies the poster.
- Students should use BOLD, BRIGHT, and BRILLIANT colors using colored pencils, markers, paint, ink, fabric, cut paper, pencil, and/or watercolors. Crayons not recommended. If students elect to use crayons, we request that they select dark colors as the lighter colors do not show up well for reproduction purposes.
- A short message about water MUST be written on the poster within the border. Be concise, fewer words are better than more.
- Artwork becomes the property of RCWD and may not be returned.
Select ONE winning poster from your class and submit to your school front office by:
Monday, October 15, 2018 at 8 a.m.
- RCWD will pick up winning posters from your school front office the week of October 15-19, 2018.
- Winners will be notified in late 2018 and honored at a recognition event in early 2019.
- Theme – expression
- Artistic execution
Trish Hoang, Alta Murrieta Elementary, 5th Grade
Jojo Hambrick, Tony Tobin Elementary School, Kindergarten
Alicia Kaede Imbimbo, Alta Murrieta Elementary, 1st Grade
Peyton Keith, Rancho Elementary School, 1st Grade
Anabella Rodriguez, Tovashal Elementary School, 2nd Grade
David Fletes, Ysabel Barnett Elementary School
Lulu Garson, Temecula Elementary School, 3rd Grade
Aubrey Cooper, Tovashal Elementary School, 3rd Grade
Charley Boles, Redhawk Elementary School, Kinder
Hannah Hayes, Rancho Elementary School, TK
Lexington Clark, Rancho Elementary, TK
Ella Macken, Van Avery Prep, 5th Grade
Doah Kim, Ysabel Barnett Elementary, 4th Grade
Micaela Smith, Alta Murrieta Elementary, 5th Grade
Amari Grace Jensen, Buchanan Elementary School, 4th Grade
Twila Majam, Temecula Prep, 5th Grade
Derek Yao, Linfield Christian School, 5th Grade