"Water is Life" 2019-2020 Poster Contest!
Contest open to grades TK-5 only.
Each year, Rancho California Water District (RCWD/Rancho Water) sponsors a poster contest for students in grades TK-5. This year's theme, "Water is Life," provides budding artists the chance to illustrate the importance of our precious water resource.
The winning students, as well as their teachers, are honored at an awards ceremonies hosted by RCWD. Of the winning posters, the top five are submitted to The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in Los Angeles for consideration for a possible spot on the WATER IS LIFE calendar.
Order Poster Paper By Clicking Here
order by: Friday, September 13, 2019 at 4 p.m.
- Poster paper will be delivered by RCWD to your school front office the week of September 17-25, 2019.
- Students must use official poster paper.
- All artwork must be original artwork. NO computer, trademark or copyrighted artwork will be accepted.
- Posters duplicating the artwork of past winners will be disqualified.
- Submitting more than one entry per class will disqualify all entries from that teacher.
- At least one winner will be selected per school district.
- Posters must be drawn horizontally within the border of the official poster paper.
- For design purposes, any writing or artwork in the 1” border area disqualifies the poster.
- Students should use BOLD, BRIGHT, and BRILLIANT colors using colored pencils, markers, paint, ink, fabric, cut paper, pencil, and/or watercolors. Crayons not recommended. If students elect to use crayons, we request that they select dark colors as the lighter colors do not show up well for reproduction purposes.
- A short message about water MUST be written on the poster within the border. Be concise, fewer words are better than more.
- Artwork becomes the property of RCWD and may not be returned.
Select ONE winning poster from your class and submit to your school front office by:
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- RCWD will pick up winning posters from your school front office the week of October 15-18, 2019.
- Winners will be notified in late 2019 and honored at a recognition event in early 2020.
- Theme – expression
- Artistic execution
Aarush Desai - 4th - Tony Tobin Elementary School
Alana Lopez - 2nd - Ysabel Barnett Elementary School
Alisa W. Li - 3rd - Tony Tobin Elementary School
Anya Rajput - 4th - Pauba Valley Elementary School
Audrey Bent - 4th - Temecula Luiseno Elementary School
Emily Rihan - 5th - Lisa J. Mails Elementary School
Gianna Wingate - 4th - Lisa J. Mails Elementary School
Graham Richardson - TK - Rancho Elementary School
Grayson Langston - 3rd - Tovashal Elementary School
Jeffrey Orencia - 2nd - Alta Murrieta Elementary School
Julia Sing - 1st - Van Avery Prep
Kailey Shin - 5th - Paloma Elementary School
Kassandra Nguyen - 1st - Alta Murrieta Elementary School
Lily Wilber - K - Lisa J. Mails Elementary School
Maddox Jared - 2nd - Van Avery Prep
Nicole Sotto - 5th - Temecula Luiseno Elementary School
Olivia Yafa - 5th - Temecula Luiseno Elementary School
Paola Hernandez Jimenez - 5th - Nicolas Valley Elementary School
Preston Atwood - K - Van Avery Prep
Shane M. Stenson - 5th - Antelope Hills Elementary School