About the Program
Rancho Water values above all else, working for our community. Rancho Water's Public Information Program provides information to our customers about many areas including water use efficiency, water quality, water reliability, financial stability, and sustainability.
RCWD Strategic Communications Plan (PDF)
Public Records Request Form
Our Commitment to You
We’re Rancho Water, your local water purveyor and wastewater service provider. Our team of more than 150 dedicated employees have been working hard for this community since 1965. We realize you don’t think of us every day—and that’s the way it should be. We keep the water flowing behind the scenes so it’s always there when you need it. But it takes a lot to make that happen without a hitch.
For starters, we’re laser focused on providing top water quality and making sure our delivery systems are reliable. We have a team of water quality experts that test our water supply daily to ensure it meets or exceeds state standards. We also have a corps of engineers who study our complex delivery system and oversee improvements when needed. And we’re also thinking about the future—with an eye on securing supplies for the next generation and beyond.
We’re lucky at Rancho Water, since about one-third of our water comes from right here in our local groundwater. The rest is imported from outside the region, which means we have to stay on top of important legislation to ensure our rates remain stable. Sure, you may not think of all this when you turn on your tap. But rest assure that your neighbors at Rancho Water are—and we’re proud to serve you from behind the scenes each and every day.
Working for Our Community
- Rancho Water is dedicated to serving the community with the best service available.
- We provide water that is high quality and affordable, with lower-than-average rates.
- We are focused on being good stewards of our ratepayers’ dollars, watching our bottom line with everything we do.
- We are committed to transparency, which includes communicating regularly about our operations and engaging the community on important water-related issues.
- Our water meets or exceeds all state and federal drinking water standards.
- Our water standards are higher than those set for bottled water, meaning your tap water is usually better than water you purchase and at a fraction of the cost.
- Rancho invests millions of dollars each year to ensure our complex system for water delivery is working around the clock.
- We have a long-term plan to replace water delivery systems as they age, so that service isn’t interrupted due to pipe breaks or other system failures.
- Preventative maintenance is one of the most crucial elements of our long-term plan.
- When water pipes do break, which is inevitable and unpredictable in this industry, we mobilize immediately to restore service as soon as possible.
- Ensuring long-term water sustainability for our region’s needs is always top-of-mind.
- We help our customers use water efficiently through rebate programs and other water saving measures.
- Water-use efficiency is essential to ensure a reliable supply to meet current and future water needs.
- We encourage our customers to stay within their water budget regardless of drought conditions and to take advantage of water-use efficiency programs.
- More than one-third of our water supply comes from local groundwater. This means we are less dependent on imported water, which is vulnerable to drought and service interruptions and is far more expensive.