About the Services
To ensure that the District’s customers receive reliable and sustainable services, field services is dedicated to accomplish its mission in a cooperative, team-oriented environment that emphasizes quality, safety, and customer service.
The most critical roles of field services are to maintain the District’s infrastructure. Repairs and maintenance are routinely performed on the distribution and wastewater systems as well as the operational maintenance of the District’s production wells, critical for meeting demands while reducing costs towards import water. A 24-hour emergency response is provided to make sure our customers continue to receive uninterrupted services. Contact the response team at (951) 296-6900.
Field Services consist of various departments that serve both water and water reclamation functions:
- Construction and Maintenance
- Pumps / Motors
- Fleet and Facilities
- Meter Repair and Automated Meter Reading Systems (AMR)
RCWD practices ongoing preventative and corrective maintenance of water and wastewater systems to provide maximum operational efficiency and reliability to our customers. Typical activities that you may observe throughout the District include:
- Automatic Meter Reading System maintenance
- Fire hydrant maintenance and flow testing
- Pumping station maintenance, improvements, and repair
- Well maintenance and efficiency testing
- Water reservoir maintenance
- Wastewater collection system video inspection and line cleaning
- Waterline Repairs
If you are going to be digging around any utility you are required by law to contact Under Ground Service Alert at (800) 422-4133 at least two working days prior to excavating to outline your job in white paint.
It is the responsibility of Rancho California Water District (RCWD) to mark the lines of RCWD only. These lines consist of:
- Main Water Line (located in the street)
- Lateral Line
- This is the water line that comes off the mainline and goes to the following: meter service, fire hydrant, air vac, blow offs, and detector checks.
- RCWD Water Valves
Customer care is available to help you solve non-Emergency problems you may experience during normal operating hours by contacting Anna T. in Operations and Field Services at (951) 296-6953.
Customer care non-emergency problems may consist of any of the following:
- Low Pressure
- High Pressure
- Water Quality
- Discolored water