About Unclaimed Monies
Unclaimed refunds typically arise from customers who close their account(s) with a balance owed to them; however, the customer moves away with no forwarding address. Unclaimed vendor payments arise from non-deposit of an accounts payable check to District vendors.
In an effort to locate these customers / developers, the District has supplied a listing of unclaimed money. Review this list to locate unclaimed money that might be owed to you or your business. If after reviewing the unclaimed monies listing, you have determined that the District may have funds belonging to you or your business, follow the following filing instructions.
Note: RCWD has a duty to release funds only to the rightful payee. In this regard, we ask the payee to provide documentation to validate their claims to ensure that no one but the rightful person can receive unclaimed monies.
On the Request for Unclaimed Monies Form (PDF), the following fields must be filled in completely in order to process your claim:
- Check Date
- Check Number
- Check Amount
- Payee Full Name/Business Name
- Social Security Number/Taxpayer ID
- Street Address
- Daytime Phone Number
- Claimant or Authorized Agent Signature
Also, if you are filing a claim for which there are multiple payees on the check, please note that each payee must sign the claim form and submit the required documentation. Your signature will need to be notarized if your claim exceeds $500.
The following documentation must also be provided to our office when filing your claim for individuals:
- A copy of current photo identification for each claimant
- Verification of address, if mailing address is different from original mailing address on photo identification
- Death certificate (if making claim for deceased original owner)
- Copy of current photo identification for the authorized agent signing form
- Letter of authorization on company letterhead with the names of officers or officials with authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business
- If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement
- If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution
Mail the completed claim form and documents to the following address:
Rancho California Water District
Attn: Finance Department - Unclaimed Checks
P.O. Box 9017
Temecula, CA 92589-9017