California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Notifications
Enacted in 1970, CEQA is a California statute that requires state and local agencies to identify the significant environmental impacts of their projects and to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
The following list contains CEQA documents pertaining to calendar year 2023. You can view CEQA documents for prior calendar years online.
- Pechanga Permanent Capacity Improvements [Project No. D2093] - Notice of Exemption
- Valencia Way Potable Pipeline Extension [Project No. D2123] - Notice of Exemption
- Drilling and Equipping New Production Well No. 173, Extending Below-Ground High-Voltage Electrical Line, and Establishing Access to Below-Ground Potable Water Line [Project No. D2009] - Notice of Exemption
- Annexation No. 108 [Project No. AX108] - Filed NOI to Adopt a Negative Declaration, Filed Notice of Determination and Negative Declaration, Initial Study
- Vail Dam Seismic and Hydrologic Remediation [Project No. D1911] - Resolution Adopting Final EIR, Findings-of-Facts, MMRP, Final EIR, Final EIR-Appendices, Filed Notice of Determination
- Anza Road 1550 Pressure Zone Pipeline Extension [Project No. D1988] - Filed NOI to Adopt MND, Filed Notice of Determination, Final MMRP, Resolution Adopting IS/MND, Final IS/MND, RTC Package
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Notifications
Also enacted in 1970, NEPA establishes federal environmental policies requiring all federal agencies to assess the environmental impacts of proposed projects prior to making decisions such as issuing permits or spending federal money. The principal goal of NEPA is to ensure that projects are designed, located, and operated in ways that reduce adverse effects and increase beneficial impacts. All projects that receive federal funding are subject to NEPA requirements.
- None at this time
If you are looking for CEQA documentation for a specific Rancho Water project not listed on this page, please use the contact information on this page to make your request.
Rancho Water Local CEQA Guidelines
Environmental review of Rancho Water projects is prepared in accordance with Rancho Water’s Local Guidelines for Implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (PDF).