California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Notifications
Enacted in 1970, CEQA is a California statute that requires state and local agencies to identify the significant environmental impacts of their projects and to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
The following list contains CEQA documents pertaining to calendar year 2019. You can view CEQA documents for prior calendar years online.
- Vail Dam Seismic and Hydrologic Remediation Project [Project No. D1911] - Notice of Preparation; Initial Study (Comments)
- Potable Water Main Replacement - Overland Drive and Margarita Road [Project No. D1994] - Notice of Exemption
- Upper Valle De Los Caballos (UVDC) Regional Pump Station Project [Project No. D1903] - Draft EIS/MND; Filed NOI to Adopt a MND; Board Resolution 2020-6-4
- Miscellaneous Water Valve & Appurtenance Replacement Installations [Project Nos. D2018 and D2019] - Notice of Exemption
- Temecula Parkway Recycled Water Pipeline Replacement [Project No. D1881] - Notice of Exemption
- Zone of Benefit No. 8 Hacienda Drive Pipeline Extension [Project No. D2037] - Notice of Exemption
- Recycled Water Accelerated Retrofit Program [Project Nos. RR001 and RR002] - Notice of Exemption
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Notifications
Also enacted in 1970, NEPA establishes federal environmental policies requiring all federal agencies to assess the environmental impacts of proposed projects prior to making decisions such as issuing permits or spending federal money. The principal goal of NEPA is to ensure that projects are designed, located, and operated in ways that reduce adverse effects and increase beneficial impacts. All projects that receive federal funding are subject to NEPA requirements.
- None at this time
If you are looking for CEQA documentation for a specific Rancho Water project not listed on this page, please use the contact information on this page to make your request.
RCWD Local CEQA Guidelines
Environmental review of Rancho Water projects is prepared in accordance with Rancho Water’s Local Guidelines for Implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (PDF).